The developer of internet security, Bitdefender, really understands about the dangers that spread in virtual world. One of the vicious attacker in internet is virus. The development of virus today is even more worrying since they don’t only attack through online media such as internet and some software, but also through offline media such as flashdisk. It is commonly known that flashdisk may also carries the viruses that will attack the PC. The technology in flashdisk like autorun also allows the virus to spread directly and automatically once the flashdisk is plugged into the PC or computer. Seeing that scary problem, Bitdefender develops the flashdisk security application namely as Imunizer.
What is Imunizer? Imunizer is Bitdefender’s response to this growing issue of malware and viruses. This tool disables autorun-related threats before they access the computer. Once installed, it constantly watches for newly inserted USB storage devices and immunizes them on the fly. If you accidentally plug in an infected USB drive that has not been immunized, the computer will not auto-execute the piece of malware located on the USB storage device. The USB immunizer has been translated into English, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Thai, Vietnamese, Polish, Farsi, German, French and Romanian. The Computer Immunization setting disables the Registry entry related to Autorun, so as no removable storage device (except for CD & DVD ROM media) to be able to automatically execute a file upon mounting. It also immunizes each system partition with a specially-crafted autorun.inf file. if you have the USB Immunizer running, you may tick the Automatically immunize USB drives box in the Options tab and every non-immunized USB drive plugged into the computer while BitDefender USB Immunizer is running will be automatically immunized.
Steps to download and use:
– Go get this app on: https://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/usb-immunizer/overview/
– Install it as usual, just click “agree” when the installation process runs.
– When it is finished, the software will require you to insert certain USB devices (if you have flashdisk on your hands, just plug it up into your PC).
– The app will scan or identify your USB flashdisk and determines whether there is a threat or not.
– If your USB flashdisk is free from vicious viruses, it will give you the option to click the “red” symbol to protect the whole data in your flashdisk including the system so that it will be immunized for 100%.
– When the immunization process is finished, the color will turn into green.
– Just close it, and open directly your flashdisk data.
– For more options, you can choose to automatically run Imunizer app to all devices plugged into your PC.