Are you bored with your folder icon on your Windows PC? Wanna taste something new when you first see your PC opened or switched on? Well, there are many ways to change the folder icon on your Windows but I will give you one simple way to change it; it is not complicated and so simple!
A. Using Windows Menu
1. If you haven’t had the pack of folder icons, you can download it first on this web page: http://www.mediafire.com/file/666n0qlqqp4s9m4/40GamePack+Folder+Icon+Edition.rar
2. Extract the RAR file and put it on your Drive (D):
3. After that, right-click on the folder that you want to change the icon > choose Properties (in this picture, I want to change the folder of “Learning”)
4. After that, you will see the properties menu box, and > choose “Customize”> and “Change Icon”
5. After that, you will see the “Change Icon for [the name of your folder] Folder”. There will be an array of many installed icons that you have.
6. To find out your installed icons, you need to click “Browse”
7. Then choose which icon that you prefer to change the old folder icon. After that, click “Open”, “OK”, and “OK” again. The picture that I show you below is the another result of icon changing, but I can sure you that the steps below are working 100%!
Folder customization sure makes your files look a lot less boring, so why don’t you try it out for yourself? This is done on Windows 7. If there are no icons readily available online, you can always make one, but it takes photoshop skills and more effort. But actually you also can change the folder icon in Windows via third party application. There are many folder changer for Windows in internet, you can choose one of them. The third party folder changer that I like is that Folder Maker. You can access Folder Maker on its official website: http://foldermarker.com/en/how-to-change-folder/
I’ve ever tried it many times to change my folder icon through this app and it works greatly.
B. Using third party app; Folder Maker
- Go to its official website: http://foldermarker.com/en/how-to-change-folder/
- Download the app, install it as usual.
- Run the app
- Then, you should select and right-click the folder
- Secondly, select Properties from the drop-down menu
- Thirdly, select Customize tab in the dialog
- Then click on Change Icon… button
- Select an icon from the suggested list
- And change the icon by clicking on OK and then Apply button